Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Many Faces of Gavin-6 Months Old

Wow! I can't believe that my baby is 6 months old already!! Those days really flew by! Gavin is such a sweet and very lively little boy. He loves to "talk", giggle, kick his legs, swing his arms, grab onto anything that he can reach and cuddle with his Mama. Gavin is definitely teething but no actual teeth have popped through yet. Sophia and Gavin have really gotten close these past few months. Gavin's eyes light up whenever Sophie enters the room...he even lets out this cute little squeal! Sophia adores her little brother and is always bringing him new toys to play with and rubbing his back or even patting his bottom! She is such a great big sister!
Now that 6 months have past, it means that I have to go back to work. I am of coarse very sad about it but so very thankful that I have been able to be at home with my kids during this time. We have all gotten very attached to each other and it will be hard to part ways for my work days. I get a tear in my eye when thinking of leaving Gavin at Daycare but then I am excited for Sophia at the same time beacuse she really needs that socialization and interaction at this time in her life. I know that everything will be just fine and that we will all get used to our "new" lives very soon. I am just going to miss having my children as the number one thought and only priority each and every day. It is hard to let go of the reins...
Patrick's life is also going to change very much. Daddy duty will now be in full "Go mode" and he will have to take on much more than just his busy day at the office...he will also adjust...I just hope it is an easy adjustment.

Cute little Gavin having a good old time with his toys.



My smiley guy!





Gavin eating peas. So far he likes the veggies more than the fruit and doesn't really like the cereal at all.

Gavin and his teddy.



Love this one!!

"huh?"





Love his face!

Gavin is working on sitting up by himself now. He usually ends up just like this though because he is sooo interested in his toes!

Talking with Gav...

1 comment:

Grandma Bergs said...

Happy 6 month birthday to our beautiful Grandson! I know how hard it will be for you to go back to work! You are such a great Mom! I have a feeling when I get back from Fl and you are working on weekends, Patrick will be hollering for HELP from HIS Mom!!!!
Love & Miss you!! Nana Sandy