Thursday, July 30, 2009

Visiting Grandma & Grandpa Volesky in Dickinson

July has been a busy month for us. First, we were in Walker for 5 days (over the 4th of July) and then just Sophia and I drove 8 hours to Dickinson to visit my parents. We were gone another 5 days total with this trip. I was very nervous about the long drive but it actually went really well! On the way there, Sophia was just a little angel. She played, babbled, watched movies and slept a little. The way back wasn't as good but overall she really did well. I was very proud of her! It was a fun adventure for us girls!
We had a lot of fun in Dickinson visiting my parents and they had a great time chasing after Sophia. My brother, Lane was also there for an extended vacation and wedding. So, we had lots of good quality time to spend together. We sure missed Daddy and Millie though and Daddy got a bit lonely without us.

On the drive there, we stopped in Moorhead to visit my friend, Kim and her new baby, Caden Daniel (born July 13th). Here Sophia is checking him out. I told her that we are going to have a little guy just like this in a few weeks. She didn't seem to care much!

Kim and Caden.

Sophie here with Grandpa Ken playing in the neighbor's pickup. Boy did she think she was cool!

Sophie and the neighbor boy, Elijah hanging out in the cars together.

Fun with cars!

Sophie enjoying her snack...

Grandma Bobbie reading Sophia one of her new books before bedtime.

I guess this is the new way to wear your shades!

Grandma, Uncle Lane and new-trendsetter, Sophia.

Grandpa, Grandma and Sophia.

G & G Volesky holding hands with Sophia and swinging her in the air on the way to the park.

My little monkey!

Fun at the park!

Go cowgirl go!!

Sophie trying out Grandma's homemade popsicles! Yummy! Her mouth was orange for the rest of the day as you can see in the following pics.


Running through the sprinkler!

Grandpa giving Sophie a wagon ride around the backyard and even through the sprinkler!

Sophia loves rocks! Patrick and I were also rock collecters as little kids so I guess it is just in her blood!

This was another first for Sophia! I painted her toe nails the same color as mine. I know they don't look that good but it is hard painting such tiny nails! She was sure proud though.

Grandpa and Sophia.

My bro and I.



How sweet!

Grandma and her granddaughter.

What a silly girl with a bucket on her head!

We took Sophie to the rec center to swim. Uncle Lane and Grandpa helped her go down the water slide and swim around the pool. She absolutely loved it!! I couldn't stop smiling myself just watching her have so much fun!

Wow look at that face!

This one is a little hard to see but here is Sophie peaking through the siderails by the waterslide. What a little cutie!

Having fun with Grandpa...

Too cute!

Discovering new things with Uncle Lane...

Warming up with Grandma...

After swimming we went to an indoor jungle gym/maze. Since I am not in any shape to be crawling through small spaces, my mom and Lane went in there with Sophie. They both couldn't keep up with her not to mention they couldn't find their way out! Sophie sure loved it though!!

Grandma and Sophia somewhere in the jungle gym.
What a do!!



Great Grandma Bahley, Sophia and Grandma Bobbie. We also saw my Grandma and Grandpa Volesky as well as my Uncle Bob, Aunt Judy and cousin Chris this weekend but of coarse I forgot to take pictures!

Grandma cuddling with Sophia.



Once you start you can't stop!

Water slides are fun!!

No comments: